Hi, I’m Erin.
My story is about insecurity, body image, disordered eating, control issues, perfectionism and a lifelong hustle for worthiness.
But my story is not over yet.
The latest chapter includes a spiritual awakening which has shown me my security comes from God and my worthiness is inherent.
As my story unfolds, I seek to fully grasp this truth, claim it for my own and live it daily with the understanding that I am both a masterpiece and a “ginger in progress”, simultaneously.
After my awakening, I felt a call to share my story with other women who might be struggling with some of the same issues I struggle with. That’s why I started this blog.
Why a blog?
I want to create something that will do several things:
- Help me learn the lessons that keep slipping through my fingers, that have swirled around me my whole life.
- Help me to reflect on my story and own it.
- Be real enough that I can share it with others, so others can relate to it and be helped by it.
- Document this spiritual awakening so I never forget it and grow from it, so it becomes my testimony and evidence of God’s work in my life.
This is my intention for this blog.
I hope that you find truth and inspiration here. I’d love for you to follow my journey and learn and grow along side me.
Just for Fun:10 Things you probably didn’t need to know about me
- I can’t swim underwater without holding my nose. As a Floridian living on the water, this is a shameful and sad state of affairs. I’m going to have to work on that.
- I am an avid and enthusiastic consumer of nut butters and cheese.
- I can do a mean cover of Bon Jovi’s Wanted Dead or Alive at karaoke.
- My husband and I had our Fur Baby’s name (Rufus) picked out at least a year before finally pulling the trigger and getting the French Bulldog of our dreams.
- I’ve never been fired from a job but have gladly quit the following positions: clothing retail at the mall, coffee barrista, college newspaper reporter, waitress, attorney, photographer, day trader.
- I used the rusty Spanish skills I learned in high school and college to do all of the talking on our “weddingmoon”/elopement to Buenos Aires, Argentina. It sounded a lot like this: “Mas Malbec, por favor.”
- I’m generally not very competitive, except on Tuesdays for our kickball-followed-by-trivia team. Go Kick In A Box!
- I made it all the way through college without drinking beer or water. I didn’t like the taste of either. I have since acquired the taste for both. But I’m quite picky.
- I can recite nearly every line of the following movies: Dumb and Dumber, Grease, Annie, The Little Mermaid.
- As a natural redhead I feel a strong connection with and look up to the following awesome fellow gingers: Bobby Flay, Gillian Anderson, The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond, Gretchen Rubin, Amy Adams & Lara Casey.